- extensive ICT/eLearning resources, including large numbers of iPads for junior rooms, and laptops for middle/senior students (with Bring Your Own Device option)
- 16 well stocked, modern, innovative classrooms
- swimming pool and changing sheds
- large playgrounds, hardcourt area and large sports field
- school pavilion with kitchen facilities and storage
We have an extremely well resourced school, both in terms of facilities and equipment and with a high calibre of staff members. There is a strong spirit of community with supportive parents and enthusiastic students.
The Board, PTA and Staff enjoy working as a team to foster the success of the school.
Involvement with the local community is an integral part of Te Kowhai School. Parents have high expectations of the school and are very supportive, assisting with the classroom programme and trips. The P.T.A is an association of parents committed to enriching the school. The P.T.A makes significant contributions to the school in terms of fundraising, volunteer based initiatives and support for general school activities.
The Board of Trustees is a governing body that is elected every three years. The current board is a very skilled and supportive group. The Education Review Office reported that:
"Students enjoy a broad and rich range of curriculum opportunities. They are achieving at high levels. Strengths of the school are the trusting, affirming and respectful relationships among staff and students and families. The school is well led and governed and continues to benefit from strong support from its community."We pride ourselves on being a friendly school, family oriented with a high level of community involvement. Our children enjoy school and are keen to learn and achieve success.